No knead Rustic Loaf












I have been baking breads or some time now , though treading warily as I am  never confident about many things about baking and every time am breathless when the dough goes into the oven!

Half the battle is won when the yeast foams up and the dough doubles as per recipe, then the part where one has to use the right technique of kneading, is one that I feel needs lots of practice.All that punching, knocking the air out etc, takes a good practice and patience.


So when I stumbled on a  recipe which came in with a no knead instructions, I decide to give it a shot fully prepared to dump the bread later .I made my  small changes and got pretty good results.


But surprise!! I got the most amazing rustic loaf  ever and involved no kneading too.For a lazy person like me , this was fine.No harm in trying I thought and voila!! The rustic loaf looked great all rustic  and great to slice up later.





Ingredients


2 1/4 tsp  active dry or rapid rise yeast 
2 cups warm water
Pinch of sugar
4 1/3 cups flour (all-purpose, bread, or self-rising)
2 tsp salt (if using self-rising flour, omit salt)




Method


Take a big bowl. First combine  the yeast and water. Add the sugar. 

Let it sit for some time till it foams up.
Add the flour and salt and stir until combined. The batter will be lumpy, but there shouldn't be any dry flour left .
Keep Covered  with a towel or loose plastic wrap and let rise until double in size, may take  about 2 hours. 
Sprinkle flour over top of risen dough and cover your  hands with flour.Can grease it too.

 Pick up the dough and pull down on the sides shaping into desired shape. Shape into a oval loaf or any that you prefer .
Transfer onto baking sheet.
Now for the second  rise. Let dough rise again . ( 45 mins-1 hour).
Preheat oven to 375ºF. ( 190 degrees C )
Slash the top of the dough  with a sharp knife.
Bake for 45 mins-1 hour until the browned on top and cooked through. I sprinkled some sesame seeds too . I love the look of the bread better with the sesame seeds thrown on top.!
Wait patiently till the bread is completely cool before slicing.
I have tried it couple of times with whole wheat grains flour and I got a great looking earthy bread.
Delicious and warm, there's nothing like the taste of your own baked bread at home.

Thats it!! the best no knead rustic bread.