This lime and ginger drink will revive your energy levels and your taste buds. A very refreshing , coolant as well .that has a very unique flavor. If you love ginger, and lime you’ll love this tasty lemonade.
Although some may find the taste of ginger overpowering, it’s health benefits are well worth including in your regular diet. Studies have found that ginger can help treat ovarian cancer, and prevent colon cancer.
Ginger is widely used as an effective morning sickness remedy.
Specially recommended for morning sickness. Ginger has also been shown to relieve inflammation, migraines, menstrual pains and improve your immune system. A power house of benefits from this ginger drink.
4 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
Ginger, peeled and cut into small thin strips
- Wash clean ,peel and cut ginger into thin slivers or strips .
- Pour water and sugar into a heavy bottomed pan. Bring to boil.
- Now add the ginger strips. and allow to boil for 3-4 minutes till the ginger flavors are completely released and the water gets infused.
- Now remove the pan from the heat and cover it with a lid. Again leave it to infuse for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, do a taste check for ginger strength.
- Now strain the syrup and pour it into a pitcher
- Let it to cool down completely.
- Now cut limes into half and remove the seeds.
- Squeeze the limes in the glass pitcher.
- Now add 3 more cups of water and stir.
- Refrigerate till serving time.
Serve with ice cubes to glasses before pouring the lemonade.