Strawberry pudding is essentially a delicious way of making a quick desert with left over bread slices.
There isnt any specific recipe as such, simply layering the bread slices and topping with strawberry compote or filling or fresh strawberries., buttering the slices on one side..and alternating with bread slices , preferably in a bundt pan..recipe based from http://www.lovefoodies.com/
50 g butter
2 cups milk
6 tbsp sugar
3 eggs as per original recipe ( I substituted with fresh cream )
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries.
10 slices of bread, whole wheat or white bread.
1 tsp vanilla extract.
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees C /350 degrees F .grease a bundt pan.
2. Butter one side of every slice of bread and cut into triangle quarters.
3. Place a layer of the slices of bread i your pan, BUTTER SIDE DOWN making sure the bottom of the pan is covered.
Add few strawberries between slices. sprinkle some sugar on the slices of bread as you build it up in the pan.. Add all the remaining sugar on the top
4. Repeat layers of bread and strawberries and end with final layer of bread.
5. Heat the milk, gently , 4 tbsp sugar, vanilla extract. Let it bubble and keep aside.
6. If using eggs, beat eggs until fluffy and pale in colour. Slowly add the warm milk to the eggs mixture and pour the mixture over the bread, distributing it evenly.
Take a spoon or a spatula and push down any floating slices down wel. I used fresh cream at this stage instead of eggs and followed the same method.
Place the pan in the oven for 40 minutes.
When it is firm and cooled, over turn the bundt pan on a plate to release the pudding.
this is a delicious pudding which can be eaten warm or cold, with a dollop of ice cream or by itself.