This combination of fresh fenugreek /methi with green peas makes it an ultimate experience . The methi leaves surprisingly do not make this a bitter tasting dish at all and the addition of fresh cream just enhances the rich creamy texture. A tasty dish which everyone must try and a great side dish for children who dislike any greens and particularly fenugreek leaves.
So if you happen to be making methi dal every other day, why not this rich creamy version which is not only healthy but tasty too.
2 cups chopped fresh fenugreek leaves./methi
1 cup of cooked green peas
3/4 to 1 cup fresh cream
2 tbsp oil
water as required for the gravy.
salt to taste
some chopped fresh coriander leaves.
To make a paste
1 big size onion chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
some garlic cloves
1 inch piece of ginger or use ginger paste.
3 green chillis or use green chili paste.
10 cashew nuts
Make a paste of all the ingredients given under the heading by adding very little water.
1. Take a pan and add the oil, and add the ground paste and sautee well. You need to keep stirring quickly to avoid burning of paste.
2. Add the chopped methi leaves and keep stirring,add little water if the mixture appears too pasty, add the cooked green peas and stir the mixture well.
3. Let this cook for around 4 minutes and then you will see the mixture thickening.Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
4. Lastly add the fresh cream to give a thick and rich texture.
5. serve hot with phulkas or rotis.