Lemon Garlic Spaghetti


Lunch is often a pasta loaded with veggies or some whole wheat breads, rotis, parathas  for the kid returning from school.
I often feel Iam cooking too much at times catering to every particular taste and age in the house.

But cooking spaghetti is something I throw myself into with gusto like a kid trying to imagine the various flavors that can tease the taste buds. Most recipes I notice appear quite bland to the Indian palates and we prefer the more spicier versions with a spike. But tampering with the authentic traditional tastes of spaghetti is something I am not keen about so I keep the ingredients as per the original recipes just adding up the spice quotient a few notches up.

This particular recipe enticed me  as I could even visually imagine the lemony garlic flavors and the pepper infused spaghetti.

As always I have to give it my personal touch by adding couple of more veggies the recipe called for.
I am more concerned about getting the veggies down the throat as the spaghetti. Happily the veggies that I chose blended very well  with the flavors of lime and garlic.

The recipe which is so darn easy as under.















Ingredients:


Method:


In  a large broad pan cook the spaghetti with sufficient water with salt to taste and cook the spaghetti to al dente. Keep this aside.

In a skillet , with 2 tsp of olive oil sautee the minced garlic , finely cut green chillis and add the cooked peas. 
. Add the shredded baby spinach leaves. Toss the cooked spaghetti in the skillet with all remaining ingredients to coat well.Do not dry out the spaghetti. There should be some moisture left. Add the lemon zest last.

Place the cooked spaghetti on a serving plate and when little cooled drizzle the lime juice and serve with grated cheddar cheese.