Eggless, Butter less Mango Cake


This year the Mango mania has been amazing , as we were not expecting such a bountiful crop of mangoes and the prices weren't coming down either. Food blogging made it even more tempting to try out as many recipes as possible.

I had made just about  every thing with mangoes and just when I thought I was bidding adieu to the royal
fruit wistfully, I received yet another last of the produce, courtesy my generous fruit vendor who gave it away at a throw away price and straight from the groves.

As always before I can even browse for umpteen no of recipes and  badgered by my daughter for some delightful thick creamy shakes, I had to act swiftly and do something. I was fraught with disappointment,
as they were dwindling. Finally the thought of an eggless mango cake  hit upon me and I set to work.





















































Ingredients:


1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 

2 tsp baking powder 

1/3 cup milk


1/2 tsp salt 

1 cup ripe mango puree 

1/3  cup oil 

2/3 cup granulated sugar 

1 tsp vanilla 

Method :

1. Preheat oven to 350F / 180C. 


2. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt well together. Sift and sieve the flour with dry ingredients.

 3. Whisk the mango puree, oil,  milk , sugar and vanilla well and  add this to the flour mixture and fold .

Do not fold too much.  Do not overmix.Just till well combined will do.

4. Transfer the cake batter  to a a greased bundt pan and bake in the pre-heated oven until the cake is cooked and a skewer passed through will come clean.Approximately it took around 35 minutes. Oven timings will vary according to the type.



Unmould to cool on a rack and dust with  icing sugar if you like or  serve  with some whipped cream and nuts.