I can live on this everyday . Such a simple grilled cheese sandwich can be so appetizing and such a fulfilling
Guiltily I try to reduce the amount of cheese in this by loading up on spinach and the other greens.
Tofu works great and I usually add cheese made at home with skimmed milk so I try to ease my conscience but this is such a wonderful experience. Hot from the grill , a couple of these heavenly sandwiches coupled with a steaming cup of coffee can send me into a delirious haze of gastronomic tizzy.
Enough said about this and let me upload the pics that are bound to make you drool if you are fond of grilled sandwiches.
My daughter was in a hurry to take a bite before clicking!
- 1 small bunch of fresh cleaned baby spinach.
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 bunch of fresh mint leaves
- 3 garlic pods ( you can increase the no if you like the taste)
- 3 small green chillies to give a spike or use chilli sauce if you have it ready.
- 4 small cubes of home made cottage cheese and 1 slice of cheese ( I felt the cottage cheese would make it little tasteless so threw in a cheese slice too.) Extra sharp Cheddar works great!
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of lime juice.
- 1 tbsp of roasted gram to give more body to the paste.
- Sandwich buns, bread , your choice. I chose sesame buns as I had only these and some whole wheat bread slices. I prefer lighter buns as they get done quickly and does not make it chewy. Choose what ever you like.
Chop all the greens and blend all ingredients in a blender , not too smooth . They should be shredded just about. and appear coarse as shown in the pics above.
Apply generously on both the halves of the buns / bread and close them and grill till they appear crispy and the melted cheese starts oozing! You might want to grab and gobble right away.
Thats it! Enjoy! Make your own variations by making a coarse filling paste of any veggies, greens you like .
This is the most preferred filling in my house and I often keep it stocked in the fridge.
You may get more filling paste than required from the ingredients, so store the left over in the fridge and it makes a great dip too for nachos and chips.