Walnut Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins ( eggless)



Who doesn't crave for chocolate and nuts and when the craving hits you high this is one of the easiest muffins that one can come up with. Combine it with bananas and you have an amazing aroma in the kitchen!!. The combination of chocolate, banana and walnuts is so heady.

Most of the ingredients would be readily available in your pantry.You can always innovate with the ingredients while the method largely remains the same. That 's  how I always proceed.

I would panic earlier if the ingredients weren't  available  and I would make special trips to shop for these just to stick to the recipe to the T.

I have come a long way from that now and I am now wondering why people are afraid to find substitutes for the ingredients. It wouldn't alter the taste greatly so long as you get close to the real ones.

There was a time I had been all prepared to make a nice straw berry cake , the fresh ones  and realized I had used up for a preserve that I had made the week ago. I was tempted to rush out and buy some quickly, fortunately where I live , almost everything I need for my kitchen including some exotic ingredients are available at a stone throw distance. Stepping out in the blazing sun seemed daunting so I decided to use the preserve instead at the same time reducing the amount of sugar in the recipe as the preserve already had some.

I had a beautiful stunning moist cake but I longed for the chunky pieces in the cake.Sigh! next time maybe!

So if you do not have some ingredients dont be afraid to change the recipe and the ingredients while keeping to the method.Now for the pics.









Ingredients:


Method:


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 175 degrees C 

2.Keep the greased muffin pans or line the muffin cups with paper cups.

3.In a medium sized bowl sift all the dry ingredients.

4.In another bowl stir all the wet ingredients well , banana puree, yogurt, oil.vanilla extract,oil.

5.Mix the dry ingredients carefully to the wet and adjust the yogurt quantity if you think the muffin batter is looking thick. 

6. Add chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and mix well.

7.Fill the muffin cups almost full ( if you want a nice muffin dome) or 3/4 th full..

8. Poke the slivered  almonds in the muffin batter on the top. 

Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.