It is amazing to see how many different ways you can cook the humble potato.There cannot be anyone on this planet who doesn't like potato. From toddlers to the older generation some form of potato is consumed almost every other day.
Although the medical fraternity doesn't recommend the potato in the diet so favorably what is important to note is the way this tuber is cooked.
Rather than having a greasy deep fried version the potato tastes just as great when it is baked or oven roasted with barely a drop of oil or none.
The method of preparing this version is fairly easy
- Wash and cut lengthwise 3 or 4 nos of medium sized potatoes.Do not peel the potatoes.
- In a bowl add 2 or 3 tsp of olive oil or cooking oil of your choice.
- Put 2 or 3 tsp of chilli flakes in the bowl.
- Put coarse rock salt to taste.
- 2 or 3 tsp of mixed Italian seasonings
- Some of the dried herbs can be used like rosemary,thyme,basil
- Toss the dried potatoes in the bowl to coat evenly
- Keep the potatoes in a oven proof lightly greased baking sheet in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes
- Check in between to see if the potatoes are getting evenly golden roasted.
- Poke with a fork to check if the potatoes are done.
- Remove and serve with rice,rotis.
- This dish doesnt require any other typical Indian garnishing or tempering.