Fresh Strawberry Cake ( Eggless )


There were days when I used to despair and wonder whether I could ever bake a  moist ,crumbly cake with the right colour and texture without eggs and using butter.

I do not eat eggs or use butter in my cooking. I decided to boldly start the experiments and browsing the net , found several recipes but I had to finally make my own measurements and methods to ensure I get the perfect moist cake.

Iam amazed that I got success in my very first baking attempt and feel rather proud that I could get it right.

I have reached a stage where I simply eyeball the ingredients and turn out perfectly moist  tasteful cakes and my daughter can vouch for this as she is my best critic. Her only grouse is that Iam not very partial to sugar and try to reduce the sugar part even when the recipe calls for a certain quantity.

Slowly and steadily am making progress in my baking and feel confident enough to share the recipes.





















Ingredients:

Method:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F . Grease a cake tin and dust with flour.Tap out excess flour. Set aside.

In a large bowl sift all the dry ingredients APF, baking powder,baking soda,salt.

In another bowl mix the yogurt,oil,sugar,vanilla extract, orange zest well and slowly add to the dry ingredients., add the flour coated strawberries too and combine the dry and wet ingredients well.But dont mix too much. Pour the cake batter in the greased cake tin and bake for around 30 -35 minutes depending on the oven type until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool completely on a wire rack for at least 30   minutes.

http://localfoods.about.com/od/preparationtips/ss/HullStrawberry_2.htm

How to hull strawberries, see the link above