Come summer and the appetite slowly veers towards more juices,shakes, thandai, jaljeera, lasssi and all kinds of cold desserts.
As soon as the mangoes start arriving by the cartloads and truckloads, we get to see the first green mangoes.
If you are fortunate to live with neighbors whose mango trees are next door , you are tempted to have a bite.To reach out and pluck some green mangoes greedily!.
Aaam Panna was the earliest form of mango juice and still is consumed by many across the country as it is a refreshing cooler and brings the subtle flavors of raw,sour,sweet taste.
- 3 small raw green mangoes ( no of mangoes is approximate according to one's need)
- 2 tsp of roasted cumin powder1/2 tsp of coarse salt or kala namak
- 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder
- 2 tbsp of sugar or powdered jaggery
- Wash and clean the raw mangoes
- Cut them into three or four parts after removing the seed.
- Boil them in sufficient water to cook them till soft.
- Once they become translucent ,keep them to cool.
- You can mash them as the mangoes would be very soft and you can separate the skin.
- Strain the thin liquid and add the above ingredients.Mix well and keep in refrigerator to be chilled.
- Can be stored in bottles in refrigerator for two days as it is of watery consistency.